Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer many unique benefits that other tooth restorations can’t match, including:
- Natural appearance and function
- Secured to your jaw
- Resistant to decay
- Easy to maintain
- Prevents jawbone deterioration
- Can last up to a lifetime
Our Dental Implant Process
Getting dental implants is a three-step process that’s typically completed over the course of several months. These steps include:
- Initial Consultation — During this first visit, our dental implants provider Dr. Kaur will examine your teeth, gums, and jaw to determine if implants are the best treatment option for you. He’ll also take the time to answer any questions you have about the procedure and develop a personalized treatment plan just for you.
- Implant Placement — Once he’s sure that you’re ready, Dr. Kaur will place your implant or implants directly into your jaw and protect the surgical area to begin the healing process. You’ll need to wait three to six months for your jaw to fully heal and integrate with your implant.
- Final Restoration — After the healing process is finished, you’ll return to our office so Dr. Kaur can attach your customized restoration. Depending on your needs, we offer single-tooth, multi-tooth, and full-arch restorations.
Are You a Candidate For Dental Implants?
If you want a tooth replacement that allows you to live without restrictions, dental implants could be the solution you’ve been looking for. Unlike dentures, implants won’t ever fall out or slide around in your mouth. Since the restorations are anchored to your jaw, they look and function just like natural teeth. Dental implants are also easy to keep clean and they stimulate healthy jawbone growth to preserve your facial appearance.
In order to qualify for dental implants, you’ll need a strong, dense jawbone and healthy gums. If you lack either of these things, don’t worry – Dr. Kaur may be able to help you become a candidate for dental implants with a supplemental procedure, such as bone grafting. Any supplemental treatments that are deemed necessary will be discussed during your consultation and factored into your treatment plan.
Visit Village Dental in Wayne, MI
If you want to eat, speak, and smile with confidence, no other tooth replacement can match dental implants. With the help of these natural-looking restorations, your smile can stay healthy and beautiful for the rest of your life. Call our practice at 734-722-1617 or fill out a contact form online to schedule a consultation with our dental implants provider, Dr. Kaur — it’s the first step on your journey to a new smile!
Frequently Asked Questions
are dental implants painful?
At our practice, your comfort is always our top priority. Rest assured, we’ll use anesthetic and other tools as necessary to help ensure a pain-free procedure and keep you relaxed during treatment. Our dental implant provider can also prescribe medications to help ease any pain and discomfort you may experience in the days following your surgery.
how do i care for my dental implants?
One of the primary benefits of dental implants is that they don’t require any special maintenance. Caring for dental implants is no different than caring for your natural teeth. With daily brushing and flossing, as well as visiting Dr. Kaur for checkups at least twice a year, your implants can last up to a lifetime.
what do i do in the event of a complication with my dental implants?
Complications with dental implants are rare, but in the event that you experience one, call our office as soon as possible. We’ll schedule an appointment for you with Dr. Kaur so he can examine your implant and correct the issue. Please don’t attempt to fix any complications yourself, as this can lead to permanently damaging your dental implant.